Wet blast systems blast a work surface by combining water and media, resulting in a slurry of abrasive. This slurry blast provides a buffer and cushion for the media to produce a unique finish. Abrasive Products represents Wet Technologies and their line of wet blasting equipment. Advantages to a wet blast system are as follows:
- Eliminates Dust
- Can degrease and blast clean in single step
- Can produce a wide variety of finishes including delicate or extremely fine finishes
- Eliminates media impingement
- Reduces or eliminates warping
- Produces a very deeply cleaned surface without chemicals
- Laminar flow of abrasive slurry can hone and deburr surfaces
Abrasive Products can provide assistance in determining if wet blasting or slurry blasting may be a good choice for your finishing needs.
Wet Technologies’ systems are available in manual or automated blasting cabinets. Their standard systems feature closed loop water filtration and media by-pass water rinsing. Additional options include:
- Oil and grease separation
- Moving bed filter water separation
- Hydro Cyclone for quick media change out
- Heated water systems
- Material handling systems
We also offer systems such as the CLEMCO Wet Flex system which can be used as a stand alone, portable unit outside of a cabinet system. These systems can be operated wet or dry and offer a unique way to blast while reducing the amount of dust generated by open dry blasting.
Contact Abrasive Products for more information regarding Wet Blasting.